The IH-640ICAR is a high wattage 6" aperture housing for 75W incandescent lamps.
The IH-640ICAR is designed for use in insulated ceilings and can be in direct contact with insulation material. The AIR-TIGHT housing design prevents airflow through the ceiling, helping save on heating and cooling costs. The IH-640ICAR offers a wide choice of trim types, including reflector, lensed and wall wash trims.
- Single wall aluminum housing
- 5-7/8" height allows use in 2"X6" joist construction.
- Housing adjusts for ceilings up to 1/2" thick.
- Listed for through branch circuit wiring.(Max.8 No 12 AWG 90°C branch circuit conductors. (4 in, 4 out).
- (5)1/2" knockouts with true pry-out slots and (4) knockouts with Romex cable clamp.
- Ground wire provided on J-box.
4 remodel clips secure housing and accommodates 1/2" and 5/8" ceiling materials.
- Medium base porcelain with nickel-plated copper screw shell.
- Snaps into bracket for consistent lamp positioning.
Lamp ratings based on trim selected - See trim page for more details.
Self-resetting thermal protector in the housing deactivates fixture if overheating occurs due to improper lamping or insulation.
- UL, c-UL listed for damp location.
- UL, c-UL listed for feed through.
OPTIONAL "QUICK CONNECT" PUSH-IN WIRE CONNECTORS
- Three "Quick Connectors"
- Pre-installed push-in wire connectors for fast and easy wiring.
- Washington State Energy code.
- New York State Energy Conservation Construction Code.
- Certified AIR-TIGHT Under ASTM E283