Midsize-electrical inverter systems for powering 375 up to 600 watts of incandescent, ﬂuorescent, induction or LED lighting loads. Pulse width modulated (PWM) output design provides clean, 60 Hz. sinusoidal emergency power to loads, All models are designed for fast, easy wall mounting.
Midsize-electrical inverter systems for powering 375 up to 600 watts of incandescent, ﬂuorescent, induction or LED lighting loads. Pulse width modulated (PWM) output design provides clean, 60 Hz. sinusoidal emergency power to loads.
All models are designed for fast, easy wall mounting.
|Model #||Input/Output Voltage||Watts/VA||System Efficiency||Number of Batteries||Battery Voltage (VDC)|
- Input Voltages: Universal 120 or 277VAC, 60Hz (User selectable with (2) wire jumpers provided)
- Input Frequencies: 60Hz ±2%
- Input Surge Protection: Meets UL924
- Input Protection: Provided by Service Panel rated at 20 amps maximum
- Output Voltages: (60Hz) 120 or 277VAC
- Effciency Rating: 98% at full rated load (line)
- Waveform: Sinusoidal (digitally controlled)
- Static Voltage: ±5% during battery discharge. 0-100% linear load
- Output Frequencies: 60Hz. ±0.3Hz during emergency cycle
- Output Distortion: Less than 3% THD (linear load)
- Transfer Time: Less than 1.0 second
- Load Power Factor Range: 0.44 Lead to 0.44 Lag
- Minimum Loading: 0% of rated system capacity
- Output Protection: Circuit breaker
- Heavy duty steel cabinet is fnished in white baked-on powder paint providing scratch and corrosion resistance.
- Optional special color paint (-SP) fnishes are available, consult factory.
Surface Mount: Surface mount models are designed for mounting to walls by means of keyhole slots provided in the back of the unit housing.
WARRANTY / LISTING
- Unit: (excluding lamps) Full coverage against defects in materials and workmanship for 3 years from date of shipment.
- Battery: 3 years full warranty plus an additional 7 years of pro-rata coverage.
- All models are UL924 Listed and meet NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, NEC, OSHA, Local and State Codes.
- UL Listed for damp locations (20° - 30°C).
The LPS Series is designed to provide 375 to 600 watts of emergency power to incandescent, ﬂuorescent, induction and/or LED fxtures. The LPS unit provides clean, sinusoidal AC output power allowing it to be remotely mounted up to 1,000 feet away from the controlled fxture(s).
Unlike a ballast ﬂuorescent emergency pack, the LPS provides power to the input side of the fxture, (including the ballast) eliminating any chance of incompatibility. The LPS Series is designed for surface mounting. All LPS systems will provide emergency power output for a minimum of 90-minutes.
- For powering incandescent, fluorescent, induction and LED fixtures.
- Sinusoidal output eliminates compatibility problems
- Universal 120/277VAC, 60Hz. input/output
- Unit capacities up to 600 watts.
- "Soft Start" design reduces fixture inrush current
- Unit may be installed up to 1,000 feet from controlled fixture(s)
- Lumen output from fixture is 100 of nominal
- Unique design eliminates compatibility problems with LED drivers as well as fluorescent and induction ballasts.
- Normally-ON and/or Normally-OFF load output.
- Provisions for local switching capability - Always on during emergency conditions regardless of local switch position.
- Emergency fxtures can be ON, OFF or SWITCHED
- Solid-state, line latched low voltage disconnect provides protection against battery deep discharge
- Long life, maintenance-free lead-calcium battery
- Momentary test switch
- AC-ON, Charge-ON and Inverter-ON LED indicators
Connection to an unswitched AC circuit is required by the NEC. Wiring access is provided for by conduit knockouts in the unit housing.
- LPS model’s clean, sinusoidal AC output will operate incandescent lamps as well as all common ﬂuorescent, induction and LED lamp types. Consult factory for compatibility with all other lamp types.
- Lighting loads are driven at 100% output for the entire emergency power cycle. This outstanding feature translates into greater occupant egress vision and safety.
BATTERIES AND CHARGER
- Battery: Sealed Lead Calcium (10 year life)
- Battery Voltage: 60VDC for LPS-375 model and 96VDC for LPS-600 model
- Runtime: 90 minutes standard - based on battery performance at 77ºF (25ºC)
- Battery Protection: Low Voltage Battery Disconnect protects the battery from being severely damaged by deep discharge during prolonged power failures. Reverse Polarity, DC Overload and Short Circuit Protection provided by a DC input breaker and fuse.
- Charger Type: Fully automatic, temperature compensated, dual-mode charger
- Power Consumption (Charger Only):
- 37W maximum (2.5W in standby) for LPS-375 model
- 56W maximum (5W in standby) for LPS-600 model
- Recharge Duty Cycle: Meets UL924 requirements
- Battery Circuit Breaker: Also used as battery isolator
- Controls: Momentary test switch, AC-On, Charge-On and Inverter-On LED indicator lights
- Safety Circuitry: AC Lockout prevents battery discharge prior to initial unit power-up.
- Brownout Protection automatically switches the unit to emergency mode when utility voltage is signifcantly reduced.
- High Altitude Operation: Maximum operating temperature drops 1 degree C per 300 meters (2 degrees F per 1000 feet) above sea level.
- Operating Temperature Range: 68ºF to 86ºF (20ºC to 30ºC)
- NOTE: Optimum system performance between 20°C (68°F) and 30°C (86°F); temperatures outside of this range will affect battery performance and life.
- Relative Humidity: 95% non-condensing.
- Upon failure of the normal utility power the LPS unit is automatically turned on by a solid state switching circuit and provides a minimum of 90 minutes of emergency power to the connected load. Lumen output will be maintained at 100% of the lamp’s rating throughout the entire duration.
- A solid state low voltage disconnect circuit is used to protect the battery from being severely damaged by a deep discharge. When normal utility power is restored, the unit switches the load back to normal utility operation and the fully automatic, temperature compensated, dual mode charger begins to restore the battery; bringing it to full charge within UL 924 specifed parameters. A brownout sensing circuit insures proper operation during “low line” conditions.
SYSTEM STATUS MONITORING PANEL
All LPS systems provide a monitoring panel on the front of the unit to show operating status at all times. The panel provides a test switch for user initiated system tests and a 3-LED array that provides an intuitive visual indication of unit readiness.
- The LPS system’s sinusoidal AC output design eliminates voltage drop and proximity concerns. This allows added ﬂexibility in installation location as LPS units can be installed hundreds of feet from the units they power. This means LPS units to be located conveniently out of sight in closets or utility rooms without interrupting architectural aesthetics.
- In lighting applications, no special or additional emergency fxtures are necessary. Simply designate and connect existing lighting fxtures, either interior or exterior, to the LPS unit for emergency operation eliminating the need for exposed, stand-alone emergency luminaires.
LPS SYSTEM ADVANTAGES
Compared to traditional discrete emergency lighting units, the LPS Series provides emergency illumination from a single power source resulting in lower maintenance overhead and routine testing expenses. LPS units lower installation costs by powering existing lighting fxtures during emergencies. And because connected fxtures are driven at full brilliancy, they provide far superior egress lighting and deliver improved occupant safety.
- An inverter system with sinusoidal output shall be supplied capable of powering any combination of lighting fxtures, including incandescent, ﬂuorescent, induction and/or LED light sources without compatibility problems.
- The system shall transfer in less than 1.0 second to reliably back up lighting fxtures without loss of illumination and operate any and all connected lighting fxtures at full lumen output during the complete 90-minute discharge cycle.
- The input voltage shall be the same as the output voltage and shall be single phase 120/277 volts, 60 Hz. Output capacity will be (375W/375VA) (600W/600VA) for a minimum duration of 90-minutes.
- The design shall be a standby, off-line inverter with on-line effciency of 98%; on-line double conversion UPS systems shall not be considered acceptable alternatives. LPS System output shall be a PWM generated sine wave with less than 3% total harmonic distortion with “Soft Start” design reduces fxture inrush current. The system shall also provide short circuit and overload protection as standard.
- An intuitive three LED display shall provide system operational information at a glance and alert user to any malfunction in system performance. Authorized maintenance personnel shall have access to the system’s controls while being protected from any live exposed connections.
- Protective devices shall include AC Line fuses, DC input breaker and a DC input fuse. The entire LPS system, including batteries, shall be incorporated into compact cabinetry which shall have provisions for surface mounting.
- System shall be capable of providing up to 4 switch bypass circuits, adjustable output or 2.5 to 10 volt dimmer bypass and self-test/self-diagnostics, were necessary
- System shall utilize a sealed lead calcium battery with a 10 year design life. The charger shall be temperature compensated, dual mode type, and recharge the batteries as per UL924 guidelines. Entire system shall be tested, approved, and labeled to UL924 Emergency Lighting and Power Systems standards.
|Total Input Watts||375|