The SENSORWORX® family of ceiling mount occupancy sensors provides a range of control solutions for spaces with finished ceilings (e.g., tiles, sheetrock, and plaster). Preferred by contractors for their simple, yet flexible, mounting methods, SENSORWORX sensors reduce installation time and fuss. SENSORWORX products utilize the latest passive infrared technology and digital signal processing techniques to provide unmatched detection performance. Additionally, SENSORWORX units are available with an integrated microphone to provide overlapping passive acoustic occupancy detection for rooms with obstructions or where occupant motion will be limited. Enhanced options for this sensor family include a photocell that will override lights off if sufficient ambient light is present, active daylight harvesting for 0-10V lighting, and an isolated relay for interfacing external systems (e.g., HVAC/BAS).
Sensors detect movement in the infrared energy that radiates from occupants as they move within the devices field-of-view. Once occupancy is identified, the sensor signals a connected power/relay pack to switch on the connected lighting. If equipped with passive dual technology (PIR/Acoustic), the unit’s microphone is then also enabled to further enhance detection while the lights are on. An internal timer is set to keep lights on during brief periods of inactivity, and is reset every time occupancy is signaled by either the passive infrared or acoustic detection technologies.
- Digital Passive Infrared (PIR) Detection
- 360° Coverage Patterns
- Compact Size and Matte Finish
- Four Contractor Friendly Mounting Methods
- Mounting Nipple Attachment with Integrated Hole Saw
- Convenient Test Mode and Adjustable Time Delays
- Optional Photocell, Daylight Harvesting, & Isolated Relay
A single sensor can be used in small spaces like a private office, however, multiple
low voltage sensors can be easily wired together to provide coverage for larger
spaces like an open office.
- Open Areas
- Conference Rooms
- Small Offices
- Copy Rooms
- Private Restrooms
- Break Rooms
- 8 to 15 ft (2.44 to 4.57 m) mounting height recommended for small and large motion lenses. For 15 to 40 ft (2.44 to 12.20 m) mounting heights use high bay lens.
- Detection range improves when walking across beams as compared to into beams.
- Lenses can be swapped in field if necessary, contact technical support for assistance.
- Operating Voltage: 12-24 VAC/VDC
- Output: Logic High VDC (Occupied Mode)
- Recommended Power Pack: SWX-900 Series (SENSORWORX)
- Dimming Capacity(-D Option): 50mA
- Dimming Compatibility: 0-10 VDC Ballasts or Drivers Compliant with IEC 60929 Annex E.2
- Isolated Relay Rating: 1A @ 30 VDC/VAC
- Operating Temp: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C) - Standard -40° F/C (with -HE Option)
- Relative Humidity: 0-95% Non-Condensing, Indoor Use Only
- Code Compliance: Sensors can be used to meet ASHRAE 90.1, IECC, & Title 24 energy code requirements.
RESOURCES AND DOWNLOADS